Monday, February 18, 2013


 “We’re Having a Heatwave”

Today is a travelling day.  A 45 minute flight early this afternoon will take me from Luang Prabang to Vientiane, the capitol of Laos. 

Temperature in Vientiane today is expected to reach 100 degrees.  Tomorrow it drops to 97 and the third day a balmy 88.  There is a difference of only a few hundred feet elevation between the two cities and they are only a few hundred miles apart. So, I don't understand what causes the difference in temperatures between the two.  ( it was supposed to go over 100 the other day).  The temperature here in Luang Prabang has rarely gone above 90 so dressing light and drinking a lot of water will be the order of the day.

Cooking school arrangements are loose in Vientiane.  I have a return email from the Full Moon CafĂ© that says to stop by in the afternoon to register for a class the next day.  Given my experience thus far with finding vacancies in cooking classes I don't know what to expect.  So, I’ll find out this afternoon whether or not I’ll be cooking in their nation’s capitol.  

I am in Vientiane for four days only and will fly to Kuala Lumpur on the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment