Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Today was a bust, until....

Tonight.  Late this afternoon I looked up restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor and found the restaurant Paak Dang, .  A tuk tuk ride took me to its door step tonight, which once inside stair stepped in levels down to the River Ping.  I am sure it is a spectacular setting by day.  But by night it oozes romanticism.  How I longed to see my sweetheart sitting across the table from me and sharing this night.

My new cooking bent is fusion cooking at least for a nanosecond or two.  Remember my first post saying my plans could change at the drop of a pot?  I looked for the most fusionesque item on the mult page menu and settled on green curry with spaghetti.  How much more fusion can you get? Chiang Mai meets Little Italy.  That dish with a dry cooked pork and mushroom with a spicy chili sauce and a couple bottles of Chang beer (I find that I am liking Chang more than Singha because the latter has too much of a 'Budweiser' flavor for my palate ) made the meal.  Dessert was complimentary thanks to the good nature of the owner.

The green curry with spaghetti really works.  I can't wait to try it out on the 'judge'.

1 comment:

  1. The Cooking Course eBook of the year. Healthy recipes, chicken recipes and cooking recipes from around the globe. Forget expensive culinary schools.
    Healthy recipes

    ReplyDelete