Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I left Bryna's about 7:30 pm on the 5th and headed to Dulles airport, courtesy of my bon ami Allan. Twenty eight hours and five airline meals later I set foot in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand.  The first leg was Dulles - Doha Qatar (11 1/2 hrs).  The second  was Doha to Bangkok (about 7 hrs).  The last to get to Chiang Mai was a piddly hour and fifteen minutes.

Ah,, warm beautiful weather!

On the flight from Bangkok I sat next to an English couple.  Both were reading Kindles.  I said they should buy my book and wrote out book titles for them.  He takes the paper, looks at the titles, and says something in a rather desultory tone about 'they must be thrillers'.  He then tells me he has the complete works of Shakespeare on his Kindle.  I don't think I made a sale, but, I can now tell people I am on a world tour to promote my books!

Maybe cooking classes tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Weird. We talked on the phone at 1 AM my time, 1 PM your time, after which you did this post. Yet it says your entry was posted at 10:23 PM. You haven't been messing with the time-space continuum again??

    ReplyDelete